MENU IMPORT PROB

Here is the situation:

I made a menu. I exported it and it worked fine on my machine.

I burned it to cd and then took it for distribution.

On the first machine no problem installed without a hitch.

On the second it did not go so good. the menu item name is Scales: with several sub items including code to insert blocks, xp zoom factors etc. HALTED DISTRIBUTION

Some of the items were functional while others were not. i go into the customize dialog and it shows red balls near misc items including spacers etc. Yeah spacers?? I can not see how this would work on some machines and not on others.

I think it might be a function of not clearing the registry before installation. I tried Regclean but it just did not do the trick. I will try manually now. Please provide some insight as to what im missing.

thx

b

Did you check the experience level on the other machines? The menu itens can be configured to appear only in certain experience level. This would explain the red buttons.

Type <options> and select the <general> tab to see the experience level defined.

When custumizing the menu be sure to check the definition of the experience level for each menu item. Click the <options> button in the <custumize> <menu> tab.

Michael Röck

I just checked the level and it is set on advanced on all machines.

Im going to test this menu file (icm format) tonight and see if i can find any additional info.

thx for the response.

b

Can't Join Plines

I can't figure what's happing, though I'm following the help file instructions directly.

I type "EditPline" then Join, then select the lines i need to join and hit enter, but nothing happens. What am I overlooking.

Tim

------------------

I have the same problem and suspect rounding calculations on the end points of the entities that are to be joined.

The reason for my comment is that both the entities must have the same points to allow them to join.

I overcome the problem by selecting each entity and selecting the handles twice at the join to force the ends to snap to the same point.

Regards
John Finlay

I have tried extensivly to understand what is wrong with this menu and i have no idea what the issue is. Here is a portion of the code that does not work:

[IntelliCAD Custom Menu File]
nMenuItems=49
[MnuItem-0]
Name=&SCALES
TearOffName=POP1
Command=POP1
FileName=BCADD
Visibility=12
[MnuItem-1]
Name=Graphic Scales
FileName=BCADD
Visibility=130
SubLevel=1
[MnuItem-2]
Name=Engineering G Scales
FileName=BCADD
Visibility=130
SubLevel=2
[MnuItem-3]
Name=1"= 5'
Command=^C^C^C_INSERT;C:\ICAD2K\LIBSYM\GEN\GEN2-62.DWG;\;;;
FileName=BCADD
Visibility=130
SubLevel=3
[MnuItem-4]
Name=1"= 10'
Command=^C^C^C_INSERT;C:\ICAD2K\LIBSYM\GEN\GEN2-63.DWG;\;;;
FileName=BCADD
Visibility=130
SubLevel=3

These are to insert graphical scale items requiring the user to enter the location only.

Now here is some of the code that does work (same file continued):

[MnuItem-18]
Name=Architectural Scales
FileName=BCADD
Visibility=143
SubLevel=1
AddSpacerBefore=1
[MnuItem-19]
Name=1/16"= 1'-0"
Command=^C^C_ZOOM;1/192XP;DIMSCALE;192;
FileName=BCADD
Visibility=143
SubLevel=2
[MnuItem-20]
Name=3/32"= 1'-0"
Command=^C^C_ZOOM;1/128XP;DIMSCALE;128;
Visibility=143
SubLevel=2

Please provide me with a link explaining the purpose of the visibility variable.

thx

b

One thing that jumps out is a line like:

Command=^C^C^C_INSERT;C:\ICAD2K\LIBSYM\GEN\GEN2-62.DWG;\;;;

Try changing the backslashes to forward slashes
in the "path" portion...IE:

C:/ICAD2K/LIBSYM/GEN/GEN2-62.DWG

The backslash is used for other things in Menus

If you are doing a Pedit on non polylines, and are prompted to change the line to a polyline..then I can explain WHAT is happening and how to work around it..I just cannot explain why it happens. When a "Line" is converted to a "Pline" it's Z co-ordinate gets changed. which means that the lines can no longer be joined. Right after converting the first line to a Pline, do a "Move" select the new Pline with an endpoint snap and move it back to the line to be joined to. All other selections will remain in place and the Pline can continue to be joined to untill you have a closed Pline (If so desired). Be aware that the same thing tends to happen when doing fillets and chamfers to Plines if they are not in the WCS default plane.