Specifying Text Rotation Angle

When I issue the TEXT command and pick a start point, I'm asked for the rotation angle. I want most of my text to read from left to right, so in AutoCAD my most common response to this prompt is "E" (for "east"). However, in IntelliCAD 2.7 Pro that generates a "Please enter a valid angle" prompt. I can enter "N" (for "north"), "W" (for "west"), or "S" (for "south") and the command proceeds as expected, but "E" isn't accepted. I know that I can use "0" instead of "E" to get the desired result, but the inability to use "E" is annoying.

Is this a bug, or is there a reason the developers disabled "E" as a valid angle entry?
Jim Frame
Frame Surveying & Mapping
609 A Street
Davis, CA 95616

My latest build of Intellicad performs the same as yours.

My drawing units default to degrees/minutes/seconds. When I'm prompted for rotation angle, it displays the default value next to the prompt <0d'0.000000">, 0 degrees, so... East.

My guess is Intellicad doesn't allow you to enter this default value since it is already set. At this or at any prompt, you can hit 'enter' or right-click to select the default value, which is shown between carots.

I side with you though...that seems sort of annoying. I'll keep my eyes open to see if this issue is persistent with other commands.
Dell Optiplex 745
Windows XP Professional SP3
Intel Core2 6400 @ 2.13Ghz
4GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GT 610
[I'd rather be on my home computer]

(I do not represent CMS or it's affiliates)